Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Harbor Freight & spare parts(was: MIG Welders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Harbor Freight & spare parts(was: MIG Welders
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:32:30 -0400
>>> You want to give me a cite for that claim?  I'm aware of no
>>> such requirement.  GM, and every other car maker, knows that
>>> there's money to be made selling parts.

I couldn't find anything definite on it, but I've read it a few times
over the years in "Car & Driver";  usually somehow related to a
manufacturer not selling a foreign model here, or closing up US
operations all together.

Googleing got a #1 hit at Snopes.com, the site dedicated to debunking
urban legends, but it was only an off-topic forum post.

   -Wayne