Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security
From: "Patricia Lane" <lane495@nctc.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 08:30:47 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Shipley" <shiples@comcast.net>

> I understand that cattle can be controlled by an electric fence.  Would it
> be possible to electrify a downspout?
> Could I choose between mild discomfort and heart stopping?
>
> Steve Shipley

I have a non-intrusive, innocent looking wire running around my landscaping
in the front of the house.  I had a duck that liked to lay her eggs under
one of the larger Yews.  The dogs (Southern dogs)  liked to steal her eggs.
The fence has deterred the dogs from entering the area (they stay away from
it even if it is unplugged) and the duck is happy.  However, if I
accidentally touch this wire, it will put me on the ground.  I guess this
would serve your purpose, but you'd have to get a duck and a dog to justify
it.

Patricia