Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 17:16:45 -0400
Mike Frerichs wrote:
> The problem comes in when I go to my local pawn shop and buy the radar
> detector that the thieves never tried.  They just sold it for the money, and
> now I get taken out.

Well, if your friendly neighborhood pawn broker is selling stolen
merchandise...

> Having been on the wrong end of thievery several times, I would like to hurt
> some thieves as much as most of you.  The problem is that it's just too hard
> to make sure that no innocent people are caught in the trap.

It was said to be a long time ago.  Back when someone would actually
steal an Escort.  I never read about the guys in the paper, so I can
only guess it was just some harmless venting over drinks at the bar, and
not something that was carried out.