[Shop-talk] Battery Clarification

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Battery Clarification
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:04:05 -0500
OK, for some reason I seem to have a knack for killing rechargable
batteries.  I wanted to see if I can get some guidance here on what I'm
doing wrong.

The 2 types of batteries are Ni-cad dewalt 18v and my Lithium ion 3.7v for
my digital camera.

How I use them...

Dewalt.  I leave one battery in the tool and one on the charger.  I use the
battery until it should the first sign of weakening.  Then I swap
batteries.  I never run them down after they start to weaken.

Camera.  I charge the batteries fully, then leave them ouside of the
camera.  I put one in the camera and us it for a dive (this is for an
underwater dive camera.) after about an hour of one and offs of the camera
and a bunch of pics, I switch the batteries topside.  Then I charge them
both before I store them.  (I normally charge them right before I use them
to "top them off" also.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks!

Moose

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos