Re: [Shop-talk] Battery Clarification

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery Clarification
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:34:40 -0500
On Dec 19, 2007 10:04 AM,  <eric@megageek.com> wrote:

> Camera.  I charge the batteries fully, then leave them ouside of the
> camera.  I put one in the camera and us it for a dive (this is for an
> underwater dive camera.) after about an hour of one and offs of the camera
> and a bunch of pics, I switch the batteries topside.  Then I charge them
> both before I store them.  (I normally charge them right before I use them
> to "top them off" also.

Lithium ion batteries have a short lifetime.  They last about 24
months from the date of manufacture.  That's true if they're used, or
not.  Beyond that, there are some things that will help them.  you say
this is a dive camera.  How long are you going between using it?  If
it's more than a week or so, try and store the batteries with about
33% or 40% charge.  You may not be able to figure that out from the
camera, though.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com