Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Door Openers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Door Openers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 07:33:45 -0500
At 07:30 PM 1/3/2008 -0800, Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA wrote:
>Lots of great information.  I'm sure that I can handle this
>on the weekend.  It's a bit dark and wet out tonight!  However,
>in trying to download the pdf file I've just run into another situation.
>My computer says that the program cannot be read because there's
>no program associated with that type (pdf) to read it.  I'm supposed
>to create an association by going to the Folder Options Control
>Panel and create an association.  Anybody know where this Folder Option
>Control Panel is located?  Running Windows XP Pro.

Steve,

Going to Control panel will let you set associations.  There are other ways
also.  BUT, if you don't had a PDF reader loaded, you won't be able to
open the file.  In other words, you can associate say a PDF file to be
opened with say Notepad.  But Notepad, doesn't understand the data contained
in the PDF file and wont display the file.

You'll need a PDF reader first.  Yesterday, someone mentioned getting the
Foxit_PDF_Reader22.  I got a copy from:

http://www.download.com/Foxit-PDF-Reader/3000-2079_4-10313206.html

It is truely great!  The new Adobie Reader is so fat it's rediculous.

Regardless of what PDF reader you download (Adobie's or the Foxit one)
both should make the association for you automatically.  If it doesn't
then you'll need to make the association yourself.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic