Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Door Openers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Door Openers
From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 13:59:17 -0800
OK, once again the Shop Talk Group came thru and saved the day!
Not only did the garage doors get fixed (they are both 13 year old
doors that over time had lost their adjustment and were "bouncing" or
hitting bottom and reversing.  The down travel limit was out of
adjustment.  While fixing the first door and at the same exact time, the
travel shoe that the chain is connected to, decided it also needed
adjustment (it was jammed against a stop bolt) and that delay the
speedy task of adjustment.

Also, in trying to download a PDF manual for the opener, my Adobe
Reader decided to die.  I downloaded a replacement 3 or 4 times,
completely deleted the old Adobe Reader, etc., all to no avail.
Finally I tried the Foxit PDF Reader.  It download and went to work
immediately!  Another tribute to the Shop Talk members.

Have a great weekend!
Go Seahawks!

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA