Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:56:11 -0800
> One of these, I helped set up, and
> I know he complains that it doesn't work well in the living
> room, yet I can use it a quarter mile away.

And I think that's an important point : both can be true !  You may find
that it doesn't work for you in the den; but the kid parked out on the road
with his laptop can find just the right spot and use your connection to
wreak whatever havoc he has in mind.  Then when the authorities come looking
for who was trying to hack into the Pentagon or whatever ...

Yeah, OK, that's alarmist and not likely; but it is possible.

Randall