Re: [Shop-talk] hoist and trolley for engine installation

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] hoist and trolley for engine installation
From: "Phil Nase" <bugi1960@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:11:45 -0400
I have a cherry picker I use to remove and install small engines.  I have
good luck with it.  Even with the legs folded up it still uses a lot of
floor space in a cramped garage.  I've seen the electric hoists and thought
about getting one to free up some space but I can adjust the crane in all
directions and get the engines in and out by myself without dinging the
bodywork.

I have a leveler to tilt the engines as I put them in but it binds up at the
worst time.  It's a hand crank type I got from Eastwood.  What do you guys
use? Have you found a different type that works well?

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa