Re: [Shop-talk] Floor Jacks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Floor Jacks
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:59:53 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Jeffers wrote:
> I have an AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ and love it.  I bought it 6 years ago
> and every time I use it, I am glad I did not let the high cost stop me
> from buying it.  This is a quality tool that you will use more than you
> think.
>
> http://www2.northerntool.com/product/200330414.htm

I've thought numerous times about getting one of these...  The idea of a
low profile jack that could lift a lowered race car to high jackstand
height in one go without needing to deal with spacer blocks is pretty
cool.

I've always been concerned with the fairly low weight rating.  What's your
experience been using this jack in terms of how much weight it'll reliably
lift?  Any bending or binding with the long arm & links?

Thanks!

Mark