Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water filter for blast cabinet
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 23:11:38 -0400
Thanks to all for some pretty cool ideas. In the end, I went for
simplicity and just made a baffle, a) because I could use what I had on
hand, and b) because I could get on with what I actually set out to do!

I took some sheet metal,  cut out a circle sized to fit snugly in the
bucket, about 1/3 of the way down. Cut a hole for the inlet pipe to pass
through, and drilled about a dozen holes in the center.

Success! Just the tiniest dribble of water in the hose to the shop vac,
not enough to be concerned with. Upon firing up the vacuum, the first
thing I noticed was the gloves were sucked into the cabinet (they
usually hang out the front, inside out...) It works fantastically! I can
see inside the cabinet, and there was no dust everywhere on everything!
The only downside is having to wear ear protection now. However, with
enough hose I can put the shop vac outside...

Marc