Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical fire waiting to happen

To: "'Shop-Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical fire waiting to happen
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:04:53 -0700
 I changed out all the outlets in a home with a Federal Pacific panel.
Typically, I did them live, but every once in a while there was a
troublesome one where I felt much better with the power off.  Many of the
Federal Pacific breakers could not easily be tripped with a screwdriver
grounding out the circuit.  I added a lot of GFI's, as I was not ready to
change out the panel yet.

jack