Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:04:41 -0400
My 3-yr old daughter liked to measure stuff with a kids tape measure, the real
ones are too sharp IMO.
Then the plastic tape broke, so we had to retire it.

The best thing I can suggest from experience is to get them involved with
actually helping.  I had my daughter spackle some screwholes in some new
drywall last week, she loved it, though she got more spackle on her hand than
the wall!

Let them help carry a piece of wood, hand you something when you're on the
ladder, or glue something together (do they make nitrile gloves for 3-yr old
hands?) they love helping daddy/grandpa.

My daughters favorite tools now are in her doctors kit, including a real
stethoscope and flashlight.

PJ