Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:52:31 -0500
Eugene D Abbondelo wrote:
> I'm considering buying one of the mini die grinder kits with accessories made
> by Dremel. Never had one before. Anyone on the list found them useful?  If so,
> any recommendations on particular models to look at?  Pros & cons?  Thanks,

I have a Dremel I bought 10 or 15 years ago.  Would have been great when
I was a kid playing with tiny models and hobby crap.  As a "grown up"
tool, it has pretty limited usefulness.  It's too small and slow for
most things I thought it would work on.  And the Dremel-brand bits are
crazy expensive (Harbor Freight versions soften some of the cost impact.)

The thing the Dremel did best was convince me I needed compressed air
and a real die grinder.

   -Wayne