Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dremel die grinder
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:17:42 -0500
I have one, in fact it's my second.  I burned the first one up.  I've found
it very usefull over the years, but you do need to recognize that it's a
light weight little tool.  Absolutely wonderfully handy for splitting frozen
sleeves, reslotting a boogered screw head, trimming the edge of a plastic
part, cutting a cable, etc.  Not so good when trying to port an engine or
cutting a door hinge off or such larger jobs.

The worse part about a dremel tool is the tool bits.  The oem factory pieces
are expensive and just don't work all that well.  The cutoff wheels snap if
you sneeze near them, the stones last just a few seconds in use, the cutters
are soft and rather dull, etc.  The only tool pieces I've found to be good
are the sanding drums and cones, and the saw blade.  Buying aftermarket
cutoff wheels and cutters really made the tool work for me.