Re: [Shop-talk] Load bearing walls

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, shop-talk list
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Load bearing walls
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:03:49 -0600
Randall,

I think you mis-read Jim's post. He wants to go from a 32" opening to
9'. 7' is the height of the opening.
I assume the house is pier and bean, rather than a slab, which I didn't
state earlier.

"The house was built in 1907, if that matters.  I wouldn't be removing the wall
completely; the ceilings are 9 feet high and the current door opening is 7' by
about 32"; she'd like to enlarge it to about 9' to match one on the other
wall, so there would be 2' off wall above the opening.  For what its worth,
there is currently a 9' opening in the same wall between the adjacent living
room and the rest of the house."

Thusly spake Randall:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501
5026 FM 2001 Lockhart, TX 78644-4443