Re: [Shop-talk] was Craftsman deal... now organizational stuff.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] was Craftsman deal... now organizational stuff.
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:21:13 -0500
Hi Jon....  :-)

At 1/21/2009 at 07:35, Shakespearean monkeys danced on john niolon's
keyboard and said:

>BTW those big old honkin >angle wrenches are
>for sale... I need room in that box

Brand.  Sizes?  Price?  zip = 18444.

>if you love tools and live to buy them you should check into he garage
>forum.... (real tool affectionados)
>http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Uh-huh....  +1 on that!

>Anyway, someone there mentioned using the Hansen sockets
>racks and just sanding off the sizes on the top of the posts and relabeling
>with a extra fine sharpie pen...  my hand is not that steady anymore !!  I'd
>have a hard time writing 25/32" on the top of a plastic post that is 1/4" in
>diameter.

<raises hand>  I couldn't write that either, luckily, I don't yet own
a 25/32" socket!  Plus, if you did, you'd have to shift everyone over
one space and would need to re-write bunches.  I've just had to
replace a "20" with "21" a couple times.  The Grip ones may be better
for this - never seen them in person though.

>However, I never had much luck with the rails, as
>the big sockets simply don't stay on (the clips can't hold the weight), or the
>clips simply come off the rail.

Plastic rails.  Either big $ for the ernst ones (that are reversible)
or the HF ones for cheap that do everything (except reverse).  HF &
Sears uses a ball-bearing to hold the socket, ernst uses the bent
plastic lever.  I have an ernst for the u-pull-it bag - since I can
fit 25 sockets on the rail.  That way, I have one rail to pull out of
the bag and I have all the sockets I've brought.  For the garage, I
use Sears rails.

Cheers!