Re: [Shop-talk] was Craftsman deal... now organizational stuff.

To: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] was Craftsman deal... now organizational stuff.
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:48:58 -0500
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Elton E. (Tony) Clark
<eltonclark@gmail.com> wrote:

> *This results in having all the sockets of one size in ONE pocket:  I might
> have 1/2" sockets of 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" drives including short and tall.  *
>
> *This works for me:  I go for a socket KNOWING what size I want and can then
> select which drive and length.*

On the other hand, I usually go knowing I want metric (or SAE) 3/8
drive (or 1/4 or 1/2).  Then I take a rail to whatever I'm working on.
 It's very rare that I need only one size, or that I know which sizes
I need before I start.  It doesn't help that I never do work near the
toolbox, either.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com