[Shop-talk] Speaker signal out to RCA input

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Speaker signal out to RCA input
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:16:07 -0400
I purchased a new flat screen TV with an integral speaker "bar" that hangs off
the TV, which hangs off the wall - no external speakers or speaker wire to
hang or get in the way.

The TV has all the inputs I need for the DVD player, digital camera, USB,
gaming console, etc.  It also has a Subwoofer out.  So basically everything
goes into the TV, and comes out of the TV...  so my old Receiver doesn't have
anything to do, except that it does FM Radio, which the TV can't do.  So I
have a powered speaker signal from the Receiver that can't go anywhere.

My options are to get a switch-box to use the speaker bar for the radio when I
want, or somehow convert the speaker wire signal coming from the receiver to
an RCA signal I can send to the TV using one of the available RCA inputs.  I
supposed another option would be to buy another receiver that converts the FM
Radio signal to RCA for me, but it would have to be small and cheap to be an
option.

Has anyone had this problem?

-PJ