[Shop-talk] building a mag drill

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] building a mag drill
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:37:30 -0500
there are times when you need a mag drill and nothing else will do... but
the 300-2000 dollar price tag is difficult to pay when you need it twice a
year... wonder what would be involved in building on ???   fabricating an
electromagnet ???  substituting something that will BE an electromagnet ???
attaching a drill is just fabrication mostly but the base has me stumped...

any ideas

thanks
John

"One of the things we have to be thankful for is that we don't get as much
government as we pay for." (Charles Kettering)