Re: [Shop-talk] making radiused corners on sheet metal

To: Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] making radiused corners on sheet metal
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:50:43 -0500
Steve,

If you have a lot of corners to round there is a small punch press that
was designed for cardboard and paper that my father used for years to
round .032 and .040 aluminum. As I recall it was called a "Corner
Rounder" He was rounding corners with about .1" radius, but it had
interchangeable cutters for larger radii.

I just did a search for "corner rounder" and the first hit was for a
Lasco corner rounder similar to what dad used. It was $147 for the whole
tool and replacement punch sets were just under $100. You should be able
to find something cheaper used.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA, On 3/24/2009 7:23 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001