Re: [Shop-talk] X-10 help

To: <bighealey@charter.net>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] X-10 help
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:58:54 -0700
>    However you can certainly use it... if you see a weak signal, then
> you know, or if you see a constant background of X-10 noise that isn't
> being sent on purpose, then you know...

Of course, it may not be constant interference.  We used to have several
'touch' lamps in our bedroom that worked fine.  But soon after moving to our
current home, they started acting up.  Would work fine for days on end, then
start turning themselves on and off; sometimes cycling madly for seconds at
a time and then stopping apparently at random.

We eventually figured out that the next door neighbor was an amateur radio
operator, and when he keyed his transmitter on in certain bands it caused
the lights to sense a 'touch'.

They were good neighbors otherwise, so we simply quit using the touch lamps.

-- Randall