Re: [Shop-talk] X-10 help

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] X-10 help
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:16:27 -0700
> John, it's not just the remote commands that aren't working.  The button,
> on the device, doesn't always work.  Like I said, I tried 3 different
> switch units in this location and each act the same way.

Can you describe the wiring to this fixture?

The 'traditional' cheapie X10 wall-switch replacements do not use a
neutral wire at the fixture, they expect to be able to get their neutral
across the filament of the bulb being switched.

If there's something weird about the fixture - the bulbs being used,
truly funky wiring, CF bulbs, etc - it may not be getting enough current
to work.

John.