Re: [Shop-talk] mower engine issue

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] mower engine issue
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:24:16 +0000 (UTC)
alright, I got it running by taking it more-or-less apart and guessing as to
which hole the governor's spring went into. that thing is a death trap. my son
and I love it.

but it's still doing the rpm oscillation. so basically, I fangle a way to
connect the throttle cable to the butterfly in the carb throat (where the
governor is currently connected)? and then I can remove the associated governor
parts? I ask like that because whatever's driving the governor is deep in the
case. I don't know that I'd take it apart to get the stuff out of there, so I
can just remove the lever that attaches to the throttle butterfly and call it a
day? or should I assume something in the case is messed up and it needs to come
out?

and why should a friggin' chinese lawnmower engine be even this complex?

but anyhow, it runs. and it's got a little power. someone's going to end up in
the e.r., I'm sure. <grin>