[Shop-talk] automated home/garage lighting

To: shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] automated home/garage lighting
From: Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 09:57:55 -0400
I have installed several "sensor" type switches that never worked for
me.  My home to garage entrance has the light switch about 7 feet
above the garage floor and just doesn't see us.  They don't seem to be
adjustable to the angles I require.  Also it seems to make the CFLs
flicker badly.

Seems we always have our hands full entering the garage and I would
like the lights off when we leave (and to stay on while I'm working
out there).  It would also be great to have something for the most
common areas of the house we occupy while home.

Anything good out there that can be done without major wiring?  We're
always trying to find ways to save resources.  Thanks as always.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/