Re: [Shop-talk] Roofing options for access to a steep roof

To: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Roofing options for access to a steep roof
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:42:28 -0500
The Jimmie,

The attachment points could be under the shingles, then the bracket just
slid up, off the nails, etc, then slid out from under the shingles. The
hardest thing may be to find the nails/screws next time you need to put
the brackets back on. I suppose the easiest way to find them again would
be to mark their locations on the lower gutter, or roof edge, and
measure that same dimension on each course where they are to be
attached, that way it would be easier to locate them next time. I
suggest that you locate them where they anchor into the rafter, and not
just into the decking.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jimmie Mayfield, On 10/13/2009 7:57 AM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001