Re: [Shop-talk] Power Washer engine question

To: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>, Shop Talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Power Washer engine question
From: Ben Zwissler <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:06:22 -0400
Jim,

The problem is not your choke.  Your carb is not clean enough yet.
You've got a fuel restriction somewhere that's not allowing the carb to
deliver enough fuel when the power demand goes high.  Check for a
plugged filter (if there is one), the fuel line, the float valve and if
there's nothing there, then reclean the jets again.

The choke is just masking the problem by enriching the mixture to make
up for the fuel restriction but you'll never get full power that way
since the choke will be partially blocking the air flow into the carb.

Ben......

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler@gmail.com
Columbus, IN