Re: [Shop-talk] Power Washer engine question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Power Washer engine question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:02:48 -0400
At 05:47 AM 10/18/2009, nick brearley wrote:

 >Has anyone experience of ultrasonic carb cleaners?...

No experience with ultrasonic carb cleaners, but I have the same problem with
my Morgan.  The carb gums up something bad.

What I do, is spray it down with spray carb cleaner, then I take a piece of
stranded wire, strip several inches of insulation off, and pull 1, 2, or 3 wire
and cut them off.  Then I use them to try and poke through all the jets and
passages in the carb.  For the larger holes, I twist 2 or 3 wires together
depending on the size of the hole.  As I'm doing this, I'll squirt more carb
cleaner into the area I'm working on.

This has worked even on the hard to get to port for the accelerator pump.
It just takes time.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229