Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing a shop (it's that time of the year again)

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing a shop (it's that time of the year again)
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:25:24 -0800
Pat wrote:
Another thing I tried when planning my air was to hit the scrap metal
places to see if any had large pipe, say, 6" to 10" that could be used
in the main lines. I know you don't need that big a pipe, but it adds
storage capacity and used pipe is cheaper than similar capacity storage
tanks.

I've done this in industrial applications where I needed bursts of air and I
was a long way from the compressor.  We'd go from a 1 or 2 inch line to 8
inch diameter x 6-10 feet long section, right next to our actuator and it
would perform great.  Without the added "Accumulator" the actuator would
move quite slowly.

Jack