Re: [Shop-talk] Wheel Balancer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wheel Balancer
From: Steve Dillen <sdillen@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 08:13:51 -0800
I gave up on using lead balance weights on the rims of my jeep as I'd
either tear the weights off on rocks or would end up spinning the tire
on the rim when removing debris that I picked up on the trail in the
bead (6psi offroad will do that.....)

For the last 3 years I've been running about 8-10 ounces of RV plumbing
antifreeze (not engine antifreeze!) in each tire instead of lead
weights.  A number of people in the offroad community here in BC are
running other internal weights (for example
http://www.innovativebalancing.com) to deal with balancing...same result
(I'm just cheap).  I've been happy with the results....typically I'll
get some minor wobble at about 10-15 mph and then everything smooths out
and is good.

Steve Dillen
Maple Ridge, BC