Re: [Shop-talk] Water heater problem

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Water heater problem
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:09:59 -0500
This is something I've read about here and there, but this is perhaps
the first time in my memory that I've heard a recommended interval for
replacing an anode rod. I have not yet done a change of my anode rod -
mainly because I didn't want to discover that I've had the remains
break off and bring my water heater to an end!

I have a 7+ year old standard electric water heater at my home. The
Fairfax County public water at my house is pretty hard (and high in
chlorine). Would that (or the addition of a water
filtering/conditioning/softening unit) affect the period between anode
rod changes?

I have been looking at getting a Raine system to improve the water
here - any recommendations for/against that - or for/against an
alternate?

-Peter

--
Peter Murray (N3IXY)