Re: [Shop-talk] Mythbusters sucks! [rant]

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mythbusters sucks! [rant]
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:24:36 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Wayne wrote:
> Anyone else loathe Mythbusters as much as me?!

    Probably more.  I got kicked off a Mythbusters forum after like 3 days,
for asking similar questions.  If you want to be made nauseous I can dig
up the link and you can check out the fawning sycophants who honestly
believe MB can do no wrong.

    My beef is their standard conclusion that 'if we cannot do it, it
cannot be done'.  Ummm, no.  My main example was from a movie myth show,
where they tried to jump a car Dukes of Hazzard style.  They concluded
( via a remote control full-size demo ) that it was impossible to jump a
car 150' and survive, nevermind staying in control.

    This was _after_ Ken Block jumped a Subaru over 170' and drove away.
Ah guys... it's not a myth anymore after someone has done it on TV ( and
on the same channel! )

--
  David Hillman