Re: [Shop-talk] more water heater

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] more water heater
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:17:14 -0500
On 1/27/2010 4:34 PM, Mark Andy wrote:
> So what you're saying is that I need to go throw the old one in a ravine
> at night?
> Mark
> (ok, mostly I'm kidding. But not about the "dispose of the old one in a
> way that an offical wouldn't see" part)

Around here (western NC) the county dump takes water heaters and "white
goods" (major appliances) for free.  Or the scrap metal years PAY about
$4 - $6 per hundred pounds.  It's ok that it's mixed metals with plastic
and insulation and stuff.  I think it all goes to some kind of shredding
plant that also processes junk cars.  They're somehow able to chop it
into little bits and separate materials.

-Wayne