Re: [Shop-talk] more water heater

To: "'Gary O'Hagan'" <goh62agan@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] more water heater
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:10:41 -0800
> Umm, that sounds a bit strange, if only because there's no
> difference in
> having a valve closed immediately after the tank and a valve closed
> fifty feet away--

I agree entirely, and yet I've heard the same story Brian has.

But my experience with 'official' inspectors has been that they seem to
interpret the code however they feel like on any given day.  When we bought
our first house, the city inspector gave us a long list of things that "had"
to be corrected, including getting a building permit in order to reconnect
the bathroom sink.  Most of the things he wrote us up for were never done
(including the permit although I did replace the sink), and yet we got a
clean bill of health from the city inspector that came out when we sold the
place.  The buyer's inspector didn't mention any of those things either
(although he did find some other problems that the city inspector didn't).

Randall