Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 20:45:27 -0700
> This allows the pan to drop
> even further
> and make those nuts a bugger to remove.

In the photo where you can see the joint sag, I was already releasing the
spring; but I still could have just pushed the arm up for more clearance.
But of course normally the spring is fully compressed when removing the
nuts, so the arms should actually be pulling upwards against the joint;
meaning that any wear actually increases the clearance.

> Nine times
> out of ten, the inner nuts on the TR3 spring pan will hit the
> frame before
> they even reach the end of the studs.

Mebbe I've just been lucky, but I've done a lot of TR front ends over the
last 35 years or so; and it has never been a problem for me.  And as you can
see, it wasn't a problem this time either.

However, that is a good point as to why the QuadBox might not be the best
choice.  There may not be room for it to fit between the end of the stud and
the frame.

Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96