Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, 'Shop Talk'
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Funny wrench request
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:08:14 -0400
Why isn't the GearWrench 85202 Quadbox Doublebox Ratcheting Wrench
that you already found the perfect answer?  Also, if you break the
nut free with a normal box wrench can't you switch to a regular
gearwrench for the tedious part?  The nut comes away from the flange
obstruction as you remove it, doesn't it, improving the grip with
each successive turn?

-Steve

At 06:16 PM 5/20/2010, Randall wrote:

>The situation is a nut on a stud, with only about 1/2" clearance from the
>end of the stud to a nearby frame member.  The nut holds a flanged plate,
>where the flange sticks up to cover about 2/3 of the nut, so an ordinary
>"flat" GearWrench doesn't get a very good grip.  An ordinary box end wrench
>will work, but is somewhat tedious ... Ok, I'm getting lazy in my old age!
>
>So far, this is all I've come up with:
>http://tinyurl.com/24eflsk
>which would do, but I'm hoping the listerati will know of some alternatives.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums