Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c

To: "Tim" <tputland@charter.net>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 08:37:16 -0500
Tim,

I'm no A/C guru but it's been my experience that the new freon does not get
the colder  temperatures in the old systems.... even after changing out the
orifices my Blazer never got Icebox cold like it used to...  I know there
are additives you can add to the freon to help but don't know if it does
much.   One thing that helped me was to switch over to recirculated air
after the car cooled down... that way you're not trying to cool the very hot
outside air...   680 is lukewarm... it ain't cool in a hot truck

john