Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trucks a/c
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 08:45:23 -0700
> As far as I know, the system was evacuated and refilled. I will verify
> this. If it needs to be evacuated and refilled, what are the chances of
> this working? Is the R134a that poor of a refrigerant that I will end
> up SOL?

As David said, since it was a R134a system originally, it should be possible
to get back to the original performance.

Unfortunately, with so much already done, I don't think anyone is going to be
able to troubleshoot it by remote control.  You need to find a competent shop
and have them run tests to determine what the problem actually is.

One area that has given me trouble in the past with GM AC is the expansion
orifice.  Apparently some of the aftermarket parts don't flow the same as the
original, which causes less cooling.  Or else mine was getting clogged from
debris left in the system after the compressor was replaced; not sure.  But
that was an R12 system, I don't know offhand if the R134a systems even use an
orifice or not.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96