Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:49:16 -0400
  Oh, yeah, I should have mentioned that.  It's nowhere near an electric
outlet, and in fact will spend a large portion of its life in airport
parking lots waiting on me to get back from where ever it is I've gone,
sometimes for weeks at a time.  Hence the solar, and not a Battery Tender.

And it will have brand spanking new batteries, since the last long sit
seems to have finally killed the old ones.  I've heard several good
reviews on cars, I'm just wondering if the having second battery will
somehow require more current to keep both healthy.  I would think not,
and that that extra battery is just to turn over the diesel in winter if
I were to happen to live in North Dakota, but I'm not an electrical
engineer, so...

Scott

On 10/11/2010 10:32 AM, Arvid Jedlicka wrote:
> I have also used the BatteryMinder products with great success on the
> MR2's and the GSXR. Having said that, I have a truck that I use every
> three to six months and it could use a batter maintainer but it is not
> in a location where an outlet is readily available.
>
> Therefore my question is "has anyone had any experience with the solar
> powered ones to either recommend it or say it is not worth the time or
> money given that a 120v outlet is not handy?"
>
> Thanks,
> Arvid
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html