[Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:31:41 -0400
  Because the truck is moving out of the shop, so I can have the room
it's taking up, and because i know some of you are not just EEs, but
actually apply it as well.

I'd like to use a solar trickle charger on my F250 (diesel) to maintain
the batteries over long period of un-use.  I was about to buy the $30
trickle charger off Amazon
(http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-2017-Solar-Battery-Charger/dp/B000VHT9GS),
but I wonder if the truck having two batteries means anything (like if I
should get a bigger charger).  Then it occurred to me that $30 might not
buy a lot of charger, so I thought I'd throw it out to the list.
Anybody keeping something with more than one battery topped up with a
solar charger?

Thanks,

Scott

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html