[Shop-talk] Tire changer mount, the conclusion

Subject: [Shop-talk] Tire changer mount, the conclusion
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 20:01:19 -0500
That would work, but it is a pain to store.  I used to have it mounted to
a pallet, but that got to be a pain and that is why I made this mount.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

pethier at comcast.net
02/26/2011 18:32

eric at megageek.com
cc
shop-talk at Autox.Team.Net, "David C." <cavanadd at frontier.com>
Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Tire changer mount, the conclusion

What about attaching it to a panel big enough to stand on?  Panel needs to
be strong, and need not be attached to the floor or anything else.
 Remember the forces you put on the machine while operating it are all on
your feet through your body.
There would be no lateral forces between the panel and the floor.  I'm
thinking maybe a couple of pieces of 3/4" plywood sandwiching some 2x4s.
Through-bolt the machine to the top plywood with huge washers or a
substantial backing plate, then build the rest of the panel.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net