Re: [Shop-talk] 220V extension cord with breaker

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 220V extension cord with breaker
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:40:12 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Back to the OP's question...

I think the way to do what you originally asked to do is per a previous
response...

I.e. Run a 6 gauge flexible extention cord with a 50A plug from the 50A
receptacle to a 30A breaker box mounted on your saw (like
http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-U013C-30-Amp-Box-Breaker/dp/B00076WQE0, but
check to see if there's a difference between 110vac and 220vac).

Plug the saw into that.

Now, there's absoultely no way in hell that I'd do that, rather than just
putting a 50A plug on the end of the saw cord, but if you want to spend
lots of money for some perceived vs. actual safety, go for it.

Mark

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive