Re: [Shop-talk] anode rods-- was the air saga continues

To: <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] anode rods-- was the air saga continues
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 15:51:11 -0700
> I'd love to know if the areas like yours where they require licensed
> professionals with permits

I can't say one way or the other.  But the "professionals" around here do
lousy jobs.  The building at work had an electric water heater mounted in
the ceiling, with no drain provision for the TPR valve.  When the thermostat
failed closed, it started spraying hot water down over the office area.
Since then I've been kind of checking, no more than 1 in 10 installations
has any drain provisions, and most of them don't even have a down-tube.

My first house was a bank repo; for some reason the previous tenants had
ripped the bathroom sink off of the wall.  I asked for a city inspection
before agreeing to buy, and one of the things he mentioned was that I would
have to get a permit to connect the sink.  I never took out a permit for any
of the work (including a new hot water heater), and they had forgotten all
about it by the time we sold the place.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96