[Shop-talk] anode rods-- was the air saga continues

Subject: [Shop-talk] anode rods-- was the air saga continues
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 22:25:40 -0400
Ben writes...

> It takes about an hour to replace it and the last
>one I bought was under $300.

My motivation for just replacing the unit every ten or fifteen years or so
is that the technology to make them more efficiency is also increasing
with each replacement.  Sure, the old ones are built like tanks, but the
new ones use a fraction of the energy.  That is a net gain in my book.

BTW, I'm also in the process of installing a total house solar system.
Should be done this week.  Once I gauge how well it works, I'm going to
convert my two gas water heaters to electric (maybe.)  I'd love to get rid
of the gas systems on my outbuildings (one for the guest house and one for
another building.)

We'll see how it goes.

Moose
Waldo Emerson