[Shop-talk] generac generator won't start ???

Subject: [Shop-talk] generac generator won't start ???
From: pat at hornesystemstx.com (Pat Horne)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:25:38 -0500
One easy way to test high current cables is to put a volt meter across
the ends of the cable. When large currents should be flowing through the
cable the voltage drop across the cable should be a volt or two at most.
If you have a larger drop, the cable (or connection) is bad. Also, try
shorting across the two large terminals on the solenoid, if the starter
spins, the problem is the solenoid.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Eric J Russell, On 6/26/2011 5:04 PM: