Re: [Shop-talk] Tile backer board on concrete floor

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tile backer board on concrete floor
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 23:13:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Jim Franklin wrote:
> I wouldn't use nails; use screws made for the job. You'll need to pre-drill,
> and use an impact drill to set them. I can't remember the name of them now.
> They're blue, and come in a hex head and flush phillips (you want the
> phillips).

    Tapcons.

    If I were the original poster, I would take some pictures of the
current floor, and go to johnbridge.com, and ask on the forum there.  No
offense to the august list, but where tiling is concerned, you won't find
better advice anywhere.

--
  David Hillman

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html