Re: [Shop-talk] Tile backer board on concrete floor

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tile backer board on concrete floor
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 07:01:40 -0400 (EDT)
Not trying to start a flame war here......We've got a bout an inch and a
half difference between the original hard wood in our dining room (110
year old craftsman) and the multiple layers (elcheapo kitchen laminant
over very thick plywood--installed by a PO--over the original hardwood
floor) on the kitchen floor. Even with a transition piece of wood, it is
a pain and does not look right. Do yourself a favor and try to avoid
this approach.

Tim