[Shop-talk] Tile backer board on concrete floor

Subject: [Shop-talk] Tile backer board on concrete floor
From: jamesf at groupwbench.org (Jim Franklin)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 22:00:01 -0400
I wouldn't use nails; use screws made for the job. You'll need to pre-drill,
and use an impact drill to set them. I can't remember the name of them now.
They're blue, and come in a hex head and flush phillips (you want the
phillips).

And if by thin-set you mean a mortar-based product you add water to, that's
the stuff. Don't use the vinyl pre-mixed stuff, it stays soft forever.

I'd use the cheapest product there was, likely the cementboard.

jim