[Shop-talk] Shop question (but wood working)

Subject: [Shop-talk] Shop question (but wood working)
From: bk13 at earthlink.net (Brian Kemp)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:18:21 -0800
I second Peter's idea of the mortising chisel, especially if you don't
need to go the full depth of the slot.  Another option is a
reciprocating saw with a blade that will not bottom out in the hole.  If
you want more control and a slower cut, use a pruning saw. Then use a
file to smooth the edge.  Put some tape on the side edges of the file so
only the side will cut so the slot stays looking nice.

Brian