[Shop-talk] Alarm Systems

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Alarm Systems
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:53:49 -0500
Hey Guys --

I am investigating an alarm system for my garage/shop and attached
house.  I haven't done as much homework as I should yet.  But was
wondering if any of you had suggestions on equipment and monitoring
services?  The builder installed bay windows and a french door on the
front of my garage/shop which makes for nicely blended aesthetics w the
house but way too much visibility of contents.  And it's secluded enough
to be WAY too easy to break into unnoticed.

I'd like to self-install, and I see Lowes has G.E. security system
components available.  But I really hate G.E.  ADT has very cheap
hardware & installation, provided you sign a multi-year monitoring
contract; but I'm told their monitoring sucks.  Heard good stuff about
Vivent.  Others????

-Wayne

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96